New Website Coming Soon!
The club has been very fortunate with 5bbc.org
Our most recent web site was developed for us at a very generous discount. The one before it, free from a past President who was an IT guy.
We had an RFP process to see what it would cost to rebuild it and it ranged from $20K-$40k and would have required a level of volunteer support from the club to manage and relay requirements that we simply do not have any more.
We have decided to move to a club membership management system provided by a third party vendor that has many bicycle and other clubs that it supports.
Details will be forthcoming, but they have
- an 800 number for support for our Web Admins and our members,
- they bill us monthly in a model scalable based on the number of members we have,
- discounted because we are member of League of American Bicyclists and
- they have customized it to meet our needs.
- It also will save us money on things like our election system and email system (mailchimp) which are included in what we pay them.
- And our annual expenses will be less than our best years with our current support structure (a Drupal programmer).
Having said all that - details will be coming soon, things may look and work a bit differently - we will all have to adjust - but overall, it should let us focus on the only three things that REALLY important to this club:
Rides, rides and - more rides!
Thanks for your patience and support.
If you have some free time and an IT background or interest in developing one, please step up and reach out to email@example.com