These links are selected by the Communications Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) as possibly of interest to our members. Listing of organizations and activities that are not sponsored by the 5BBC does not constitute or imply endorsement by the 5BBC.
Note: Links open in new window.
Rules of the road
LIRR bike permits
- Miramar Ski Club is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization that runs bus trips from NYC to Vermont every weekend during ski season. Activities include downhill, cross-country, and snowboarding. Guests are welcome.
- Ski Club of New York, offers winter trips to New England and the Adirondacks. All trips feature snowboarding, downhill and cross country skiing, and some allow for snowshoeing.
- Time's Up! is a not-for-profit New York City-based direct-action environmental group that uses events and educational programs to promote a more sustainable, less toxic city.
- Transportation Alternatives is a 5000-member NYC-area non-profit citizens group working for better bicycling, walking and public transit, and fewer cars.
- Neighborhood Open Space Coalition (NOSC), part of the TreeBranch Network, is dedicated to improving New York's parks, waterfronts, community gardens, and open spaces through advocacy, research, education, and planning.
- The Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance is a growing network of organizations and concerned individuals dedicated to helping this region reclaim and reconnect to our greatest natural resource--the harbor, rivers and estuaries of the New York and New Jersey waterfront.
- League of American Bicyclists (LAB). 5BBC is an affiliated
club of LAB, which promotes the interests of bicyclists nationwide.
- New York Bicycle Coalition provides a coherent, credible voice for the
interests of all bicyclists in the state, on- or off-road, recreational or racer.
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy is dedicated to creating a nationwide network of public trails from former rail lines and connecting corridors.
- The Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) believes that in the battle with cancer, unity is strength, knowledge is power and attitude is everything. Founded in 1997 by cancer survivor and champion cyclist Lance Armstrong, the LAF provides the practical information and tools people living with cancer need to live strong.
- Recycle-a-Bicycle NYC is a hands-on way to promote everyday bicycle use, learn bicycle mechanics, interact with positive, forward-thinking NYC youth and a good place to find that city bike you need!
Parks and recreational facilities
- 5BBC Message Board. Got a bicycle-related question or info you want to share? Post it here!
- Ebikes. NYC area web bicycle server. Includes links to other local cycling clubs.